Saturday, September 29, 2012

Sue and Judy

Sue and Judy


Sue and Judy: Together since 1991

When my son Josh was in grade school I was fortunate to have a friend like Sue, who became one of his "Other Moms."  Before Judy came on the scene, Sue lived with her/our friend Margaret, and the two of them were my lifeline as a single mom.  They happily took Josh when I had a date or needed to be out of town and they showered him with love and attention, even took him camping.  
I am forever grateful to them for that and I know he is the man he is today in part, because they were and are in his life. 

I'll never forget when Sue met Judy, I think it must have been love at first sight, but Judy lived in Michigan so for the first year or two it was a long distance romance. It was only a matter of time, though, and Judy eventually made the move to St Paul and soon they had bought a house and they had dogs and cats, mortgages and home improvements, etc etc etc.

Don't let the white hair fool you,  I felt like I was with two teenagers when I took this photo  and heard Judy say "We'd like to get married." It also broke my heart just a little, to hear that, since they have been together for so long and that option just hasn't been available to them.  I'm hoping it won't be too long before she can say "We ARE married." 



No comments:

Post a Comment